Vancouver Lawyer Tim Louis
Offering Legal Services for Personal Injury, Long-term Disability, Wrongful Dismissal and Wills VariationTim Louis,has been in the legal profession in Vancouver since 1984. After completing his articles at Harry Rankin & Company, Tim founded Tim Louis and Company. Even before law school, Harry offered his very strong support to Tim by writing a letter to the UBC Law Faculty, which resulted in Tim’s admission to. Harry became a mentor and shaped Tim’s politics and approach to law and services to clients. His intention in founding the firm was to provide affordable legal services on matters of everyday concern. Whether it is personal injury, long-term disability, wrongful termination or estate/wills litigation, Tim fights for the rights of clients who have been wronged or denied the justice the deserve.
Give Tim Louis a call today at (604) 732-7678 for a no-fee telephone consultation, during which he will answer all your questions, no matter how complex.
In addition to Tim's legal career, he has impressive experience in supporting his community with social activism:
- Vancouver Public Library for four years - elected by fellow board members to be chair. As chair, I significantly increased library services to the print disabled (individuals unable to use physical books)
- Elected to Vancouver City Council 1999-2005. As chair of City Council's Finance Committee, I oversaw a budget of $750 million per annum. I also oversaw the Capital Plan worth $200 million
- Elected to four consecutive three year terms to the Board of Vancity – as you know, the world's largest credit union. My fellow board members elected me chair of the Finance Committee and the Audit Committee and, subsequently, Chair of the Board two years in a row.
- Board member, Kitsilano Chamber of Commerce
- 37 years in private practice as a successful lawyer.
Separate and apart from my public and community boards, I have 40+ years of activism within the disability community:
- Active in the disability community for over 40 years.
- Pacific Transit Cooperative. I co-founded the PTC during my first year of Law School. It was my idea to create the world's only coop made up of Handydart users. PTC successfully won the Translink contract to operate Handydart in Vancouver every year for 27 years.
- One of the co-founders of the BC Coalition of the Disabled [now known as the BC Disability Alliance] in the late 1970's. Over the years, fellow board members elected me many times as the chair of the board.
- I helped to found the Public Interest Advocacy Centre. PIAC takes test cases to Court to set precedents. One of the areas it focuses on is disability cases. I was elected chair several times by my fellow PIAC board members.
- I was one of the co-founders of the Association of CSIL Employers [ACE]. CSIL is a program whereby Health Authorities provide monthly funding to individuals with disabilities such that they may hire personal care attendants directly as opposed to going through a homemaker agency. Ken Kramer, the chair of ACE, and I successfully lobbied the provincial government for a 30% raise in the hourly rate of CSIL personal care attendants.
- I sit on Translink's Handydart User Advisory Committee [HDUAC]. HDUAC members unanimously elected me as HDUAC chair approximately 18 months ago.
Tim also writes a weekly blog on the issues: Tim Louis on the Issues
When he's not working or advocating for change, Tim enjoys the outdoors with long time life partner Penny Parry, listening to audio books and political events.
Learn more about Penny:
The Power of Disability
Karolina Pawlak – Paralegalkarolina@timlouislaw.com
Karolina Pawlak is a designated paralegal since 2018. Has the Appointment for the Appointment of a Commissioner for taking Affidavits effective April 1, 2019. Attends trial, mediations and discovery.
Outside of Law –passionate about health, nutrition, fitness and wellness – avid Crossfitter – also coach Crossfit, personal trainer, love dogs, and currently taking a Health Coaching course. Love animals.
Krista McLean – Legal Assistantkrista@timlouislaw.com
Krista has been with Tim Louis and Company since 2010 and has a background in human resources.